It is necessary to prescribe a drug to patients with atrioventricular block I degree, idiopathic hypertrophic subaortal stenosis, congestive heart failure, severe hepatic impairment in the elderly.
Dosing and Administration
finoptin ® is taken orally during or after meal primo steroid with a little water. Tablets are taken without dissolving, and not chewing!
Dosing and duration of treatment mode set individually, depending on the condition of the patient, severity, characteristics of the disease and the effectiveness of therapy. The daily dose at intake should not exceed 480 mg. Angina pectoris : the initial dose in adults is 40-80 mg 3-4 times a day. The dose may be increased weekly (daily in unstable angina) to achieve the desired clinical effect. Typically, the daily maintenance dose in adults ranges between 240 mg and 480 mg, divided into 3 or 4 doses. Hypertension : initial dose in adults is 40-80 mg three times a day. Weekly dose may be increased until the desired clinical effect. Typically, the daily maintenance dose in adults is between 240 mg and 480 mg, divided into 2 or 3 doses. Arrhythmias : the prophylactic treatment of recurrent paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia is usually the initial dose in adults is 240-480 mg a day for 3 or 4 doses. In order to control ventricular rate in chronic atrial flutter or atrial fibrillation is usually a daily dose in adults is 240-320 mg in 3 or 4 divided doses. Maximum antiarrhythmic effect generally observed within 48 hours from the start of therapy in the doses given. Elderly persons may be more susceptible to the action of verapamil when receiving normal adult dose. Therefore, it may be necessary to decrease the dosage. Dosage should be reduced in hepatic impairment; in severe failure – up to 1/3 of the usual primo steroid adult dose (120 mg daily dose).
When using verapamil are possible:
– Cardio-vascular system : tachycardia, rarely – angina, until the development of myocardial infarction (particularly in patients with severe obstructive coronary artery disease, arrhythmia (including ventricular flutter and flicker) bradycardia, atrioventricular block, marked reduction in blood pressure, the appearance of chronic heart failure symptoms while using the drug in high doses, especially in predisposed patients;
– the part of the gastrointestinal tract primo steroid : nausea, constipation (rarely -diareya), vomiting, increased appetite, and in occasion – transient increase in activity of “liver” transaminases and alkaline phosphatase in the blood plasma;
– the part of the central nervous system : dizziness, headache, fainting, anxiety, confusion, fatigue, asthenia, somnolence, depression, extrapyramidal disorders (ataxia, masklike face, shuffling gait, stiff arms or legs, trembling hands and fingers, difficulty in swallowing).
– Allergic reactions : itching, rash, facial flushing, erythema multiforme exudative (including . Stevens-Johnson syndrome)
– Other :. increase in body weight, very rarely – agranulocytosis, gynecomastia, hyperprolactinemia, galactorrhea, arthritis, pulmonary edema, thrombocytopenia asymptomatic, peripheral edema
may reduce fertility in men, which should be taken into account if men receiving diagnosed unexplained infertility other causes. This action is fully primo steroid reversible after drug withdrawal.